Saturday, November 1, 2008

My life at the moment

I have discovered that it is incredibly difficult for me to blog these days. With departure for the general assembly looming in less than a month, the entire office is incredibly busy. I am extremely excited to be able to attend a gathering of such scale, but I find myself wishing for more time between now and then to gain a better grasp on what will happen there. I have begun dreaming about spreadsheets, timetables, and workshops. In addition to the stewards programme, I am now also working on the Theological Institute and the youth sub-theme workshop. Answering emails, composing letters, asking questions, and organizing data take up more time than is in a normal work day.

I am really attempting to leave work at work. Extended hours are bound to happen, so I am placing a physical boundary on the AACC. Blair and I talk about other things while not at work. Our little house is serving as some form of a sanctuary, and for that I am extremely grateful. Needless to say, I have a hard time coming up with things to blog about that would be comprehensible to those of you not engulfed in details about the upcoming assembly.

If you have suggestions or questions, maybe that would be an easier way to approach this form of communication. Feel free to email me or send letters. External communication is suffering at this point, but I am willing to try. All of your support continues to mean so much to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

program has only one m and lacks an e.

-ben

Unknown said...

I was glad to see your new post. I get the update immediately with Mail. I am busy currently with too much school work to really sit down and think of the many many questions I have for you. So at the moment I will be satisfied to know that you are doing well. I miss you tons. I hope you got my first packet of letters, well really it was only one letter and a card, but anyway, soon another will go out. I miss you much.

Caitlin

Anonymous said...

Notice from the comments to the blog, that" anonymous Ben" continues to play the part of the smart aleck brother. A suggestion that a English language dictionary for Christmas for Ben would not be out of order.

All kidding aside, thanks for the posting. Great to know you are attempting to keep balance in your daily activities.

I love you very much! Stay safe.

Papa