I started my job!!!!!! It is really kind of pathetic how excited I was to be able to go back to a regular routine with some amount of responsibility for my own life. I am now officially part of the 9th General Assembly team. Plus, I am fairly confident that I will get to attend the assembly in Maputo this December! Christians from all over the continent will meet to discuss the main issues facing the ecumenical movement in Africa. It should be a very exciting time. I am helping to coordinate the Stewards Programme (I spell like the British now, by the way), which is an opportunity for youth to come and serve as volunteers at the assembly while forming a diverse community and sharing together. It should be really interesting. Hopefully, they will be able to understand my accent! Our target number is 120.
Saturday I moved into my house with lovely roommate. My power is cutting in and out at the office, so I should probably quit while I am ahead and turn off the computer. Love and miss you all! Hopefully I will remember to write again soon.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It is so great to hear from you!!! I am glad that you are finally starting work. Right now I am wishing I was working too, I just have too much free time. I know that doesn't sound so bad but its not as fun without people around. Well I just wanted to say hi and that I miss you. Enjoy yourself!!
Great going Leslie! So good to hear from you, Hope you enjoy your work and that it will be rewarding and fulfilling. Please continue to keep us informed.
We are praying for you and love you so very much!
Papa Tom
Les...glad to know you are doing so well, and that the roommate thing is good. Have you had any creepy crawlies yet??? When you have a chance, get me an address so that our Mission Wednesday group can send you some stuff! I stay so very proud of you and the wonderful things you are doing! Much love...Patti
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Glad to hear you are doing well in Kenya. You have such an awesome opportunity to touch the lives of many. Sorry I have not been in contact before now, but I have been very busy working on the water and have had very little internet time. Hope you continue to do well and bless many people during your time in Africa.
-Tom
Post a Comment